Lakeshore Records to release the I DON’T FEEL AT HOME IN THIS WORLD ANYMORE Soundtrack on May 5th – featuring Songs By Artists Including Echo & The Bunnymen, Jason Newman, The Graverobbers, My New Mixtape, and Others. Score by Brooke Blair and Will Blair.
ABOUT I DON’T FEEL AT HOME IN THIS WORLD ANYMORE
From the producers of Kelly Reichardt’s “Certain Women” and Jeremy Saulnier’s “Green Room” comes the story of Ruth (Melanie Lynskey), a nursing assistant suffering through a crisis of existential despair. But when her house is burglarized, Ruth discovers a renewed sense of purpose in tracking down the thieves. Accompanied by her obnoxious martial-arts-enthusiast neighbor Tony (Elijah Wood), they soon find themselves dangerously out of their depth against a pack of degenerate criminals.
Written and directed by Macon Blair (“Blue Ruin,” “Green Room,”) in his directorial debut, with a distinctive look courtesy of cinematographer Larkin Seiple (“Swiss Army Man,” “Cop Car”), the film also stars David Yow, Jane Levy, Devon Graye, Christine Woods, Robert Longstreet, Lee Eddy and Gary Anthony Williams. The film was produced by XYZ Films and filmscience.
- Backyard – Brooke Blair and Will Blair
- Go Away (To Paradise) – Jason Newman
- Ruth’s Action Theme Part 1 – Brooke Blair and Will Blair
- Ballad of Sissyfist – The Giraffes
- Bring Out The Bible (We Ain’t Got a Prayer) – The Texas Sapphires
- Check My Grill – The Hot as Shits
- Three Point Stance – Bulletproof Moose, Antwine Jones, Wesley Adams
- Namesake Feature – My New Mixtape
- Campfire – Brooke Blair and Will Blair
- History of Man – Amanaz
- Killer Sills – Brooke Blair and Will Blair
- Open Sesame – Brooke Blair and Will Blair
- Afraid of Love – Meli Sul
- Bring On The Dancing Horses – Echo & The Bunnymen
- Ruth’s Action Theme Part 2 – Brooke Blair and Will Blair
- What Would Jesus Do? – Brooke Blair and Will Blair
- Sweetheart – Aint Rights
- Bus Crush – Brooke Blair and Will Blair
- Where’s My Son? – Brooke Blair and Will Blair
- Snake Island – Brooke Blair and Will Blair
- Tony! – Brooke Blair and Will Blair
- Drinking From a Swimming Pool – The Graverobbers
ABOUT BROOKE BLAIR AND WILL BLAIR
Brothers, Brooke and Will Blair are accomplished composers for film, television, web and public installations. The Blairs have scored award-winning feature films, documentaries, commercials and secured song placements in Disney films, Weinstein Company films and cable television.
As long term collaborators with director Jeremy Saulnier, the brothers scored his first feature, Slamdance 2007 Audience Award Winner “MURDER PARTY”, followed by the Sundance, Cannes, TIFF favorite “BLUE RUIN”, gaining them a Public Choice Nomination for the World Soundtrack Awards in Belgium, and an inclusion in ASCAP’s Composer Spotlight at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival. The Blairs returned to Sundance 2016 with both Saulnier’s follow up thriller, “GREEN ROOM”, starring Patrick Stewart and Anton Yelchin, and “I AM YUP’IK”, a short documentary exploring a vibrant high school basketball culture in rural Alaska. The brothers have continued to balance their work with tense thrillers such as the Joel Kinnamon led “EDGE OF WINTER” and the stark black and white drama “LIVE CARGO”, with feature documentaries including a Jon Brion inspired score for “MAGICIANS: Life in the Impossible” and a string-heavy accompaniment to director Don Argott’s “BATMAN AND BILL” to be released by HULU 2017.
Brooke and Will are reuniting at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival with their brother Macon’s directorial debut, “I DON’T FEEL AT HOME IN THIS WORLD ANYMORE.” The heartfelt dark comedy featuring a stellar cast (Melanie Lynskey, Elijah Wood, Jane Levy and David Yow) opens the festival in dramatic competition. Macon worked closely with his younger brothers to craft an eclectic score drifting from baritone sax-fueled Motown songs, dark theremin themes, screamy sludge metal, and 80’s new wave.