In a recent behind-the-scenes video Skywalker Sound’s Supervising Sound Editor Tom Myers speaks about how he and his team approached Pixar’s Cars 3.
Here are some of the insights he shares in the video below:
- “The first rule is to serve the story.”
- “How do you humanise these cars and humanise this world so that is has an emotional context?”
- “[John Lasseter, executive producer] wanted somebody who is a car buff to hear something and know that sounds appropriate for that character.”
- “We have hours of material that needs to be organised and easily accessed by the editors.
- “As a Sound Designer our job is to take that amazing artwork that comes from Pixar, to breath life into it and take it to another level.”